Monday, August 3, 2009

baby food


i spent last weekend making lots of baby food for macie. our freezer is now full of ziplock bags with individual portion size blocks of food. so far she has just tried bananas, pears, and peaches. she likes the pears and peaches, but will only eat the bananas if they are mixed in with her cereal (they are so slimy they just slide right out of her mouth). hopefully we have enough food to last her about a month. i also figured out that making your own baby food (especially if you go organic) does not save money! if you like to cook, though, it is fun to make...and to me it looks and tastes a little better than the jarred.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you figured that out for me! I had a feeling it wouldn't save money, especially if you buy the baby food on sale. So, even if you don't go organic it still doesn't save? I have thought about buying canned veggies on sale (with no salt) and pureeing them then freezing them. I bet that would save money. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey what a brilliant post I have come across and believe me I have been searching out for this similar kind of post for past a week and hardly came across this. Thank you very much and will look for more postings from you. best baby high chair

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...